My “now” page was last updated
Stuff I’m doing right now includes…
The “now” happening list
- Practicing composing, songwriting, piano, guitar, and singing. I have a set of duos underway…
- I completed my opus not too long ago, “Requiem For a Stranger”. Check out that creative process: the history of the requiem, creating a choir in my studio, the grief that inspired this musical work, and the work itself.
- Working from home on both my day job and my music projects. Please be safe, get vaccinated, and care about those you love. This pandemic may be subsiding, but it’s not clear that it’s over. Be well, my friends!
Everything else is still in full bloom here, like:
- Offering you custom songs to give to someone you love: PresentSongs. Everyone who has purchased one of these songs has been so happy with the results! I can’t share most of them publicly because they are such an intimate present just for the recipient. Is there someone you care about who could use the boost of a song created as a beautiful sonic picture of their life? Get your PresentSong here. 100% pandemic safe.
- Seeking avenues to hope, peace, community, love, and kindness. Pondering how to connect my musical/improvisational arts with those avenues in our world that needs them so much. Click here to read my artist’s mission statement.
- Writing blog posts of poetry, the unsigned music business, digital recording, creative process, and more (currently averaging four or five per month). Occasionally, I accept guest posts, but they have a specific set of requirements.
- Networking to create gigs. I’d love to perform a house concert at your place in Autumn or Winter of 2021. Contact me if you’re interested! If you’re an interested venue, please visit my Press Kit and contact pages. Upcoming public gigs are just below this numbered list.
- Naturally, I continue to promote my own music, mostly instrumental compositions and improvisations. I’m really proud of my new music page, but there’s also this: Dream This (my first singer-songwriter album) is literally my life story told in songs. Please stream/listen, enjoy and share! All artist proceeds from album sales go to a child advocacy charity.
- Working out 5 or more times per week.
- Updating my VIPs and newsletter subscribers, often with exclusive behind-the-scenes music, stories, and videos.
- Staying engaged on social media channels. I hope you’ll friend me on your favorites.
- Caring for my wife, our relationship, our beautiful home, our dog, and myself. (Lack of self-care means none of these other things can happen well.)
- Working my day job.
- Any upcoming gigs will be listed here. Even when you see nothing below, I have upcoming private gigs (a weekly gig, weddings, and corporate events).
What does this mean?
If you ask me to do something else, I may say “no” and show you this page.
Meanwhile, please check out some great blog posts…