Wish me well (please). I’ve decided to begin writing 1,000 poems for my beloved partner, Anita Bondi. And I know that you’ll ask why.
Those of you who know her will ask because you know that public displays of affection like this are not at the top of her list of needs. I know and acknowledge this.
So, that begs the question of “Why?” even more.
You’ve probably already guessed: I’m doing this for me.
- it is one way that I want to show my love for Anita. She is so gifted at showing her love for me to me. I sometimes think I’m a klutz at showing her. Perhaps this is also klutzy AND it’s what I want to do. In addition, not all of the 1,000 will be published here. Some will be just for her.
- it is one of the spiritual practices that I’m choosing for now.
- it is a delightful way for me to practice one of my desired art forms.
- it is something I’ve wanted to do for years.
- it allows me to see the mirror she provides for me in new ways.
- I like putting original poetry into my blogs. My first blog was a poetry blog. (It’s demolished. Don’t look for it.)
- I guess you could say I’m writing 1,000 poems for myself at the same time as I write the 1,000 for Anita.
Others will ask: “what’s up with the number 1,000? Is it symbolic? Do you think you’ll really write a thousand poems? How long will it take?”
Time will tell… and obviously, there’s more to come…
muse and music for the present moment
I look for ways to re-invigorate our human experience of life. I want us to drink up every moment with enlivening spontaneity. One of the ways I do this is with improvisation -- especially improvised music. With voice, guitar, percussion, piano (keyboards) and friends, I develop "in the moment" creations. I also play classical and pop music for the vast joy it brings to know the composers and songwriters of the past and present through their music.